With the increasing amount of mobile devices we all enjoy, the need to charge and maintain these devices has been a bit of a challenge. With each device coming equipped with its own wall charging solution, having the space to plug in all those chargers comes at a premium.
With the growing popularity of smart devices, and even mobile storage, we watched as the industry transitioned from standard wall chargers with direct wired cables to using the USB standard for both charging and data connections. This move opened an entire new industry for third party vendors to design devices around the standard, to combine multiple chargers into one device.
The RAVPower Bolt Four-Port Charger is one of these solutions. Featuring four ports with a total of 6A of output power, the Bolt is capable of charging the most demanding devices in our lives. The MSRP of the RAVPower Bolt comes in at $19.99, with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the RAVPower Bolt includes the charger, reading materials, and power cord.
The RAVPower Bolt comes in a square form factor measuring 3.6" x 3.5" x 1.2". On the top of the unit, you will find the power output shown above each port.
The back of the unit houses the power input.
The front of the unit houses each of the four USB ports. The first two being 5v at 2.1 amps, with the next two offering 5v at 1 amp. To the far right, the LED lights up blue when power is applied.
The RAVPower Bolt is a rather simple solution to the growing need for power to charge our mobile devices. The build quality is pretty solid, with all four ports allowing easy connection of charging cables. In addition, the included power cord allows you to extend your charging away from the outlet by a good four feet, mitigating any outlet blocking.
In my experience with the Bolt, I found it to be a quite capable charger. I was able to plug in my iPad, iPhone, Nokia Lumia, and Bluetooth headphones, and charge them all at once. I have also found it quite capable at charging PS4 controllers rather quickly; though, if you choose to do so, use the 1A ports so you don't destroy your battery.
Pricing of the RAVPower Bolt sits at $19.99, and comes in a choice of white or black. The Bolt carries a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the RAVPower Bolt for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The RAVPower Bolt (Black) retails for $19.99 at Amazon, and the RAVPower Bolt (White) retails for $19.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5