Looking above, you can see the standard setup when it comes to our test bed. We won't cover it since it's already shown in great detail above. Instead, we'll get into the boards that you'll be seeing in our graphs today.
Alongside the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've also got the recently looked at Z87X-UD5TH, and Z87X-OC Force from GIGABYTE. Also on the Z87 side of things, we've included the Z87 OC FORMULA from ASRock.
We finally finish off our graphs with the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, and GIGABYTE X78S-UP5-Wi-Fi. Before we get into the performance side of things, we need to quickly cover what's going on with the overclocking.
Heading into the BIOS, we adjusted to a 50x Multiplier in the hopes that we might finally be able to get 5GHz stable out of our CPU. Like so many times before, we have no issue getting into Windows; once we try to do anything we're greeted with a BSOD. Heading back into the BIOS, we move to a 49x divider, which brings us in at 4.9GHz.
With the 49x divider working no problem, we head back into the BISO and mess around with both the voltages and the BCLK a little more. In the end, we managed to get a slight BCLK bump of .52, which brings our final clock speed in at 4925MHz, or 4.925GHz as shown in our graphs here today. This is a few MHz up on what we normally achieve, and just a strong overclock overall. Performance should be good as always.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series