Looking above, you can see the standard setup when it comes to our test bed. We won't cover it since it's already shown in great detail above. Instead, we'll get into the boards that you'll be seeing in our graphs today.
Alongside the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've also got the recently looked at Z87X-UD5TH, and Z87X-OC Force from GIGABYTE. Also on the Z87 side of things, we've included the Z87 OC FORMULA from ASRock.
We finally finish off our graphs with the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, and GIGABYTE X78S-UP5-Wi-Fi. Before we get into the performance side of things, we need to quickly cover what's going on with the overclocking.
Heading into the BIOS, we adjusted to a 50x Multiplier in the hopes that we might finally be able to get 5GHz stable out of our CPU. Like so many times before, we have no issue getting into Windows; once we try to do anything we're greeted with a BSOD. Heading back into the BIOS, we move to a 49x divider, which brings us in at 4.9GHz.
With the 49x divider working no problem, we head back into the BISO and mess around with both the voltages and the BCLK a little more. In the end, we managed to get a slight BCLK bump of .52, which brings our final clock speed in at 4925MHz, or 4.925GHz as shown in our graphs here today. This is a few MHz up on what we normally achieve, and just a strong overclock overall. Performance should be good as always.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard