Looking above, you can see the standard setup when it comes to our test bed. We won't cover it since it's already shown in great detail above. Instead, we'll get into the boards that you'll be seeing in our graphs today.
Alongside the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've also got the recently looked at Z87X-UD5TH, and Z87X-OC Force from GIGABYTE. Also on the Z87 side of things, we've included the Z87 OC FORMULA from ASRock.
We finally finish off our graphs with the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, and GIGABYTE X78S-UP5-Wi-Fi. Before we get into the performance side of things, we need to quickly cover what's going on with the overclocking.
Heading into the BIOS, we adjusted to a 50x Multiplier in the hopes that we might finally be able to get 5GHz stable out of our CPU. Like so many times before, we have no issue getting into Windows; once we try to do anything we're greeted with a BSOD. Heading back into the BIOS, we move to a 49x divider, which brings us in at 4.9GHz.
With the 49x divider working no problem, we head back into the BISO and mess around with both the voltages and the BCLK a little more. In the end, we managed to get a slight BCLK bump of .52, which brings our final clock speed in at 4925MHz, or 4.925GHz as shown in our graphs here today. This is a few MHz up on what we normally achieve, and just a strong overclock overall. Performance should be good as always.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit