As far as mouse bungee systems go, every gaming peripheral maker worth their salt has some sort of offering to match the styling of their mice. Most of the entries I have seen also usually do one thing, and that is to maintain the cable of the mouse for a few reasons. These are pretty simple to understand the advantages. First, it allows for better cable management on the desktop. Secondly, it keeps the mouse cable up in the air so it won't fray the edges or get caught on the edges of the mouse pads. The last reason to use a mouse bungee system is to keep the mouse from falling off the desk. Since these bungees are typically weighted, and it only allows so much usable cable, you won't accidentally be yanking the cable as it heads for the floor, or it keeps the mouse from actually hitting that floor.
So with all the versions already out on the market, why should you choose the ROCCAT version, even if you don't already own one of their mice? Well on top of being just the basic bungee stand with ROCCAT emblazoned the top of it with their logo, it also adds three blue LEDs to the top, and it also offers a blue under glow effect. Taking things one step further, ROCCAT also incorporated four USB 2.0 ports into the sides of this device to allow users the ability to plug in mice, keyboard, USB drives, and charging cables. The traffic is taken from the hub via a UAB2.0 cable, but the hub is also actively powered from a wall outlet to deliver the power needs for all the various devices.
The Apuri that ROCCAT has delivered for us to test today has us intrigued. With the various solutions I have tested previously, they offered very little past the obvious functionality of tending to the mouse cable, and since have all been removed from daily use.
If wiring on the desktop is an issue, or if you are constantly having issues with braided cables on the edge of cloth pads, a mouse bungee is definitely the answer. For those of you who have no real need for a standalone bungee offering, the addition of LED lighting and the multi-port hub are reasons to make it worth your while to try this one out over all the rest.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Apuri Active USB-Hub with Mouse Bungee]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard