Earlier today we published our first Vector 150 product review, the 240GB capacity size. We found that OCZ managed to include nice features in this second incarnation of Vector, but in the 240GB capacity size, the performance was about the same as the original.
With performance nearly the same, our focus shifted to the new features. 256-bit AES encryption debuts on Vector 150, but at this time it doesn't support eDrive. Vector 150, now with 19nm Toshiba Toggle flash gets a boost in the writes per day category, up to 50GB writes per day for five years - up from 20GB per day.
The accessory package received a change. OCZ now includes an updated version of Acronis drive cloning software that supports Windows 8 and 8.1. The software is very nice to have and has several functions that include drive cloning and data backup / recover.
Let's take a look at the full specifications and then see the performance of the 120GB model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vector 150 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]