We've really kind of hit a bit of a dead spot when it comes to new core components over the last month or two. That surge up to Computex was extremely busy with NVIDIA making a big push for new video cards and then we saw a flurry of motherboards enter the market thanks to the introduction of the Intel Z87 platform.
While we expected newer RAM modules to be a bit more popular with the new platform, there really hasn't been much in that area. Things should start to get a bit busier again, though, over the coming months as we see new video cards hit the market from AMD and hopefully we'll see companies do a bit more on the RAM side of things before the introduction of DDR4 memory.
Today, though, we've jumped back into the motherboard pile. The particular board we're looking at comes from MSI and is the Z87-GD65 Gaming.
The Gaming series has really impressed us and we like that MSI has created some unity between the motherboard and video card segment.
Checking out the front of the box, you can see there's not a whole to see with just the main information being shown. You can see the model number of the board clearly along with the fact it's a part of the Gaming series. You can also see a couple of logos across the top of the box including the "Recommended by FNATIC" one and the Killer E 2200 one.
Turning the box over, you can see we get a bit more detail on some of the main features, which include Audio Boost technology that carries with it Golden Audio Jacks, Headphone Amplifier, EMI Shielding and High Quality Audio Capacitors. You can see also see the board carries with it the Killer Networking chip which we'll talk about a little later, along with OC Genie 4. Some of the other major features include Multi-GPU support, Sound Blaster Cinema, Military Class 4 and the Gaming Device Port.
Diving inside, you can see a fairly standard line up of paperwork, along with a sign to hang of your door. Also above you can see we've got a driver and utility CD, I/O cover and a Gaming Series case sticker, which looks great.
You can see we've also got four SATA cables, along with an SLI bridge. Two regular additions are the V-Check cables that give us the ability to check the voltage of certain areas on the board, along with the M-Connector points, making plugging in your front panel connectors easier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market