We've got a number of boards in our graphs today and one of the main comparisons we'll be making is the stock performance of the GIGABYTE Z87N-WIFI against the MSI Z87I - both are Mini-ITX motherboards. Along with those two boards, though, we've also got the ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and GIGABYTE Z87X-OC to round off the Z87 side of things.
We've also got the older Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 and finally the older X79 based GIAGBYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI which rounds of our collection of boards today. As always, though, before we get into the testing side of things, we'll cover overclocking on this motherboard. Being a Mini-ITX one we figured that we wouldn't have quite as much luck.
We started off with a 47x multiplier to see how we went and we got into Windows with absolutely no problem. With that looking good we worked our way to 48x, which also worked well. We then moved up to 49x, which is about the limit for this CPU, when it comes to being rock solid stable.
49x wasn't an issue and we figured we'd try to see if we could get anything else out of the processor with a bit of BCLK adjustment, but found that this was really our limit. Looking above you can see that we landed on a very solid 4.9GHz almost evenly with our CPU-Z validation coming in at 4900.1MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz