When I opened up the latest package from MSI and found myself staring at a new ITX based motherboard, I instantly found myself filled with joy. Thinking about it for a minute, though, I realized as much as I love the ITX form factor, I've never personally used it myself. It feels like a big part of that, though, is due to my very slow rebuild cycle when it comes to my own computer.
While the ITX form factor has been around for ages, the honest truth is that it's probably only really gained a massive amount of momentum in the last 18 - 24 months, thanks to quality ITX based chassis from companies such as BitFenix.
First we'll start with the package and then follow on from there. So with haste let's get stuck into the MSI Z87I to see just what MSI are offering us in this tiny form factor motherboard today.
Checking out the front of the box, you can see the main push is for the Military Class 4 feature. You can also see a couple of the other main features across the bottom including USB 3.0 SATA III and PCIe 3.0. Turning the box over you can see we get a larger explanation with what's going on when it comes to the Military Class 4 components.
Looking on the right side you can see we've got Hi-c CAP, SFC and Solid Caps to bring higher quality power. Along with that we've also got Humidity, ESD, EMI and High Temperature protection. On the left you can see the main specifications along with a look at the I/O panel.
Moving inside the box, you can see the bundle is pretty small. You can see we've got a User Guide along with a Quick Installation Guide and a pair of driver and utility CDs. You can see the rear I/O back plate, two SATA cables, along with two wireless antennas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Game of Thrones premiere pirated 55 million times in 1 day
- Ubisoft delays The Division 2 update 'Title Update 3' to May
- The Division 2 patch 2.1 drops, fixes a bunch of issues
- Naughty Dog has shot final scene of The Last of Us Part II
- An Archer video game should look like this new XIII remaster
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!