OCZ seems to be in the news more than normal lately. The company's financials are still in question as a third party auditing company mulls over the books. A new financial story hits the web almost every day. Buy, sell, long, short, stay! All of the stories are as consistent as a hospitalized bi-polar patient.
What the financial people don't understand is the tech. Things aren't great at OCZ, but I wouldn't call them on the ropes yet. This could be the darkest hours for OCZ Technology, but the company is still standing and new products are coming out. The 20nm NAND flash shortage concerns me more than what the financial guys are saying. This isn't the first time OCZ had to deal with supply issues and their current situation isn't nearly as bad as some of the hills OCZ had to deal with in the DRAM days.
OCZ is now purchasing wafers of NAND and packaging their own chips. As long as OCZ is able to purchase by the wafer, they have an advantage over smaller SSD makers. A unique controller, one that is very fast helps quite a bit as well.
OCZ gave us a sneak peak at their 2013 product roadmap. Before the end of the year we'll see a new Vector product with 20nm flash, a new workstation PCIe card called Vector PCIe and the performance product we're looking at today, Vertex 450.
The OCZ Vertex 450 replaces Vertex 4 and is a step up from Vertex 3.20, a mainstream specific product. Vertex 450 uses a new stepping of the same Indilinx Barefoot 3 controller found in Vector. The M10 changes give the 450 SSD lower power consumption, lower operating temperatures and a nice price point for those looking for better than mainstream performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 450 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire