Introduction and First Look
Compro have been with us for quite some time now, being founded in 1988 gives them some great respect in the industry. One of their more interesting products of late has been the TN50W - a home network IP camera that has cloud functionality to boot.
When Compro contacted me about the TN50W, it jumped out at me as I have a two-year-old daughter, so it would be great to use as a baby monitor. The TN50W isn't just exclusive to that, as it can act as home security and other monitoring-based duties.
There's a built-in PIR sensor which is capable of enabling a white LED (which is SUPER bright I might add) or an event notification. This is a great addition to the camera. There's two-way communications thanks to a built-in microphone and speaker and an app you can download to your device for mobile viewing goodness.
In terms of physical dimensions, the TN50W is not that big - measuring in at 64 x 74.7 x 110mm. We have a status activity LED in the top left corner of the TN50W, and a huge illumination LED in the bottom right.
Compro have given the TN50W a 1/7" CMOS sensor, with the total focal length of 2.0mm and a max aperture ratio of f2.8 and a fixed 10x digital zoom. Not too shabby at all. There's a speaker below the lens, where a user can speak into the device the C4Home app is installed on, and speak through the TN50W device.
The TN50W sells for $119.99 through Newegg at the time of writing, so it's not super-cheap, but it has some great features for the price. Let's take a look around the camera.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One has 1TB HDD, includes three games
- Epic won't let 'crappy games' on its store
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023