Today in the lab I have one of GIGABYTE's latest Ultrabooks. To be classified as an Ultrabook, the notebook has to meet certain specification criteria as set forth my Intel, the champion of the form factor. In exchange, Intel has been advertising the Ultrabook form factor and has set aside money to help companies engineer Ultrabooks.
Specifications for an Ultrabook include size, weight, boot time, and others, but not present is the requirement for a discrete video card. Due to the size and weight restrictions, most Ultrabooks don't include a discrete GPU, something that this offering does.
The GIGABYTE U2442F is going to be one of the best choices in the Ultrabook category if you want to be able to do any sort of modern gaming. Thanks to its discrete GPU, it can hang with systems that outweigh and outclass it.
During our testing, you'll want to keep an eye on how the GIGABYTE U2442F compares to the HP Folio 13 and ASUS S56C as they are both Ultrabooks. Based upon price, you'll want to compare the U2442F against the GIGABYTE P2542, as they are roughly the same price.
With the introduction out of the way, let's move on to the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Tesla's impressive new electric Semi Truck starts at $150K
- Battlegrounds surpasses 2.6 million concurrent gamers
- Battlegrounds has now sold over 22 million copies on the PC
- Battlegrounds new desert map named: Valle Coronado
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ