iBUYPOWER builds highly customizable gaming notebooks and then slaps a reasonable price tag upon them. They offer a wide variety of models, ranging in size from 11-inches to 17-inches. Once a strictly boutique laptop manufacturer, they have become more mainstream as of late. As you'll see in today's review, the CZ-17 is a testament to why this is the case.
We'll be looking at iBUYPOWER's Valkyrie CZ-17 today. The Valkyrie CZ-17 is one of iBUYPOWER's newest offerings and is a rebranded MSI notebook design. As iBUYPOWER grows, they will start to design their own chassis, but until then, they will likely continue to use ODM products such as this rebranded MSI.
The system is a beast for the asking price. Starting at a mere $1259, the base model comes with a 17-inch, 1920 x 1080 screen, an Intel Ivy Bridge quad-core, an NVIDIA GTX 675M 2GB and 8GB of DDR3 memory. Not shabby specs, especially considering the price.
While we were mostly impressed with the review sample, there are certainly a few things that could be fixed, mostly with the configuration. Since the problems are solvable by adjusting the configuration, they really aren't that big of a deal.
With that in mind, let's take a look at the specifications and configuration options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ