Having just checked out the BIOSTAR TZ77EX4 it's time to move on to another Intel Z77 based motherboard with this one coming from ASRock and being part of the popular Fatal1ty series. This is the second ASRock based Z77 motherboard we've looked at with the first one being the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 which did a good job of impressing us.
ASRock have had a great run of motherboards recently and we hope that the Fatal1ty Z77 board we've got on our hands today continues the trend of the strong performing boards that hit at a strong price point. Of course there are a few things we need to do before we get into the performance side.
The first thing we'll do is check out the package to see just what ASRock is offering us here today while we also cover some of the main features. Once we've done that we'll move onto the motherboard itself and look at the layout and cover some of the main standout points.
From there we'll move onto the BIOS before we take a quick look at our testbed, the boards that will also be in our graphs and finally the overclocking side of things before we get into the performance. As we mentioned, though, the first thing we need to do is check out the package to see just what ASRock is offering us inside the box of the Fatal1ty Z77 Professional.
Looking at the front of the box there's not heaps of information on offer with the main highlight being the fact that the board is part of the Fatal1ty series. Turning over, though, we get a look at some of the main features with the big one being the 555 XFast technology with XFast RAM, XFast LAN and XFast USB.
Another big feature that ASRock is pushing is Lucid VirtuMVP which we've tested before. If you're interested in it we highly recommend you read our Lucid Virtu MVP (HyperFormance) Tested with ASRock Z77 and Intel Ivy Bridge article we posted in April. Along with this we've also got Premium Gold Caps, Digi Power, 16 + 8 Power Phase, Fatal1ty Mouse Port and UEFI BIOS.
Moving inside the box we've got a bit of paperwork that highlights the 555 XFast feature along with a Lucid VirtuMVP installation guide and driver CD. In the cable department we've got six SATA cables, SLI Bridge, two Molex to SATA connectors and the I/O backplate.
Along with all that we've also got the added bonus of a USB 3.0 header that can be installed in the front of your case or with the included bracket it can be installed in the back of your case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit