The GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH falls into the same category as the recently looked at ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt. Both were boards we received last year, but due to the fact that one of the major focus points of the board was the inclusion of Thunderbolt, we decided to put it on the back burner.
Many months on, though, it seems we're no closer to Thunderbolt really becoming mainstream due to driver problems under Windows and a general long lead time for approval of devices. It seemed that it was just finally time to blow the dust off some of these boards and see just what we could get out of them, even if we didn't get the chance to focus heavily on the Thunderbolt side of things.
If you want to read a bit more into our thoughts on what's going on with Thunderbolt then I highly recommend that you check out the introduction of the above mentioned ASUS review. Saying that we'll be covering the Thunderbolt and what's going on with it in a bit more detail when we get to the final thoughts at the end of the review.
For now we've got to do a few things. The first is we'll check out the box of our GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH and see what is going on with the bundle here today. Once we've done that we'll move onto the board itself where we'll cover the main features before heading into the BIOS to check out what's going on with the 3D BIOS. We'll then take the chance to cover our test system, the boards you'll see in our graphs today and finally before we get into the benchmarking side of things we'll see how we went with overclocking. For now, though, let's get into the box and bundle.
Looking at the front and back of the box it's very much a standard affair. We've got some of the main details on the front including mention of Ultra Durable 5 and of course the fact we've got Thunderbolt support. You can also see a push on the 3D Power All Digital Engine and 3D Dual UEFI BIOS.
The back of the box covers some of the main features in more detail with a big push on the Ultra Durable 5 side of things being covered across the top. You can see we go into a bit more detail on the Thunderbolt support which in this case is the inclusion of dual Thunderbolt ports. The All Digital Power setup is mentioned along with some information on the 3D BIOS.
Carrying the UP4 name we knew that the bundle wasn't going to be huge. You can see above it's a fairly standard setup with some paperwork, driver CD, four SATA cables, I/O back plate and finally an SLI bridge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions