You know, it seems to me that I remember when things first started with Xigmatek; I was told that there were certain things that were going to set these guys apart from all other companies. From what I can recall there was a specific comment made to me that the guys who got together to start up Xigmatek were tired of working for companies that keep building on the same line of products and don't come out with much in the way of innovation or design. Rather these companies would keep trying different wigs on the same pig, passing it off as something new and improved.
I guess I would get the concept of calling this a Dark Knight cooler, but I already have issue with just the naming. The Dark Knight SD1283 this new cooler is not. In reality this is a Xigmatek Balder that has had a special coating applied all over it. What was wrong with calling this cooler the Balder Night Hawk Edition since that is in reality what this truly is. I will give Xigmatek some credit on using the hardware from the Venus which we never saw, even though it is a take on a three year old design I've seen from Prolimatech years ago.
With my personal rants out of the way, I still will urge you to continue reading, as the Dark Knight SD1283 Night Hawk Edition has its plus side to it too. Getting past the confusing name, you will get a cooler with a coating like I have not seen on any other cooler. They did finally move to some good mounting hardware and as you will soon see on the results page, this is a respectable cooler.
Hang with me as I try to bring this cooler to you in a way that you don't just see it as a spray painted Balder.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Xigmatek Dark Knight SD1283 Night Hawk Edition CPU cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms