A little over a year ago, NZXT come to market with their first power supply. We happily took a thorough look at the NZXT HALE90 850W power supply and were very pleased with it.
It was squarely aimed at enthusiasts with high efficiency and great performance with several options not normally seen in a mainstream product. All of this came with a little bit of a price premium and as such, there were many that passed on the power supply simply because it was a little bit out of their budget. Enter the NZXT HALE82.
The new NZXT HALE82 series of power supplies aren't meant for enthusiast, but are more geared towards mainstream gamers. One of the main differences that most will notice is that the new HALE82 series is only rated for 80Plus Bronze efficiency.
The price drop will certainly be noticed too as the new units are at least $40 cheaper and offered in lower wattages to boot. Will the HALE82 be able to hold the reputation that NZXT built with the HALE90 series? We will find out shortly as we throw the HALE82 850W on the bench for testing.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
NZXT beefed up the outputs of the HALE82 850W as it now is rated for 25A on both the 3.3V and 5V rails with a combined total output of 150W. This is certainly a welcome step up from before. 70A of power is served up on the single 12V rail which should provide plenty of power for the six PCI-E connectors available with the unit.
NZXT expanded the features just a little bit on the HALE82 power supplies. This time around we get a full range of protections with the addition of over temperature protection. Usually when this is added they also rate the unit for 100% continuous output at 50C, but oddly enough, we couldn't find any documentation that the unit had the rating. The power supply still sports both native and modular cabling.
NZXT has made the HALE82 power supplies readily available through all of your normal online merchants. The cheapest we were able to find the unit online at the Directon for a total of $139.99 with free shipping. NZXT gladly backs the HALE82 with a 5-year warranty. If you keep your receipt or register the unit online, NZXT promises to have your unit replaced in 3 days should it die AND they will pay for shipping both ways. Major props to NZXT for stepping the warranty game up a bit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card