It wasn't that long ago we reviewed the Silicon Power V20, a SATA II SandForce Driven SSD using the SF-1200 controller. The V20 landed on US shores well after others SF-1200 products came to market, but still used 3Xnm flash even though 25nm had become the norm.
Silicon Power learned from their V20 release that you have to bring products to market quicker if you want market share. This round Silicon Power is getting their new V30 product here and even taking a stab at making the low cost kings at the same time.
The Silicon Power V30 uses the latest SandForce SF-2281 controller and pairs it with 25nm IMFT synchronous NAND flash. To date this is the fastest combination available on the consumer market today. On paper the V30 has what it takes to be one of the fastest solid state drives on the market.
Silicon Power is known for their ability to release good products on the market at low prices. The V30 should fall into this same category when SP starts to get aggressive. Let's check out the products specs and get into the pricing details.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silicon Power V30 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]