In the realm of benchmarking one name stands out as THE company to go to for your benchmark. That company is Futuremark. Since the first release of their 3DMark test they have been the ones to turn to when it comes to benchmarking not only your GPU, but in many cases your entire system.
But things have not always been pizza and beer for the gang at Futuremark. They have had their share of criticism levels at them. In Futuremark's Vantage they chose to go all DX10 and also to include the Ageia PhysX API. This was perfectly fine until NVIDIA bought the struggling company and enabled the API to run on their GPUs. This gave every NVIDIA GPU an unfair advantage in many people's eyes.
The fact that Futuremark put that in there before NVIDIA bought Ageia escaped most people. Now Futuremark is back at it with a new Graphics test; 3DMark 11. This test changes a few things and once again will surely get Futuremark in trouble with both of the big GPU houses.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit