In the end I come away with no major complaints about the N90Sv. The notebook has decent performance, but doesn't break any performance records. The integrated Blu-ray player is nice, especially when coupled with the great 18-inch screen. The real issue with the N90Sv for me isn't the machines performance as much as it is the price for performance. Much of the cost of the machine is tied up in the Blu-ray drive and the fantastic screen.
If gaming is your bag, the Gateway P-7808u FX is nearly identically priced but offers much higher performance than the N90Sv, but it lacks the Blu-ray option. The N90Sv is a very capable multimedia notebook and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the machine. Just be sure that you plan to use the Blu-ray drive heavily to justify the cost of the machine. If you won't really use the Blu-ray, you can get significantly more performance elsewhere for the same money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Notebook Shots]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Battery Eater, iTunes and Movie Encoding]
- Page 6 [Hands On Use]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series