343i is adding three new game modes to Halo Infinite to keep things interesting.
Halo Infinite released in December 2021 without fan-favorite game modes and features. Campaign co-op wasn't available for the first time ever, and key multiplayer modes like king of the hill--which is tremendously fun--were missing. Now 343i confirms some of the missing modes are coming to Halo Infinite when season 2 releases in May 2022.
The new modes include:
- King of the Hill -The granddaddy of total chaos, one zone, two teams, lots of carnage
- Last Spartan Standing - Basically Elimination from Halo CE and Halo 2 (isn't very fun)
- Land Grab - A smaller version of King of the Hill in a sub-gametype known as Territories where you capture zones
343 Industries have not provided any screenshots, video, or other media of these new modes in action. Meanwhile, Halo Infinite's online-based co-op and split-screen play has also been delayed.
Halo Infinite's season 2 Lone Wolves update will release May 3, 2022.
Let's hope these modes also have playlist features, too.
- > NEXT STORY: SEGA pledges a meaningful donation to Ukrainian relief
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Halo Infinite campaign and split-screen co-op delayed