We haven't been hearing much about Intel's next-gen HEDT platform for Alder Lake so far, but now we're hearing whispers of the X699 chipset for new HEDT processors based on the Alder Lake CPU architecture.
Inside of the new Intel Chipset driver "10.1.18836.8283" you'll find a list of Intel's upcoming 600-series motherboards, which includes the X699 chipset for HEDT -- and the Z690 chipset for the mainstream flagship CPU that should be the Intel Core i9-12900K and below.
Intel's new Alder Lake CPUs should come with more cores and threads for the HEDT platform, as well as more PCIe lanes, slots, overclocking, and more. Z690 will still be a beefy chipset, but Intel will hopefully be able to better compete against AMD's kick-ass Ryzen Threadripper and Ryzen Threadripper PRO series CPUs with X699 + Alder Lake.
More Intel CPU news
- Read more: This is our first look at an alleged next-gen Intel Z690 motherboard
- Read more: Don't worry, Intel's new Z690 chipset mobos keep 24-pin connector
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Alder Lake-K could launch with Windows 11 in October
- Read more: Intel's next-gen LGA18xx socket teased, Meteor Lake CPU flies past
- Read more: Intel's next-gen 14th Gen Core 'Meteor Lake' compute tile taped in
- Read more: Intel's new Sapphire Rapids CPU: PCIe 5.0 tech, 64GB of HBM2e memory
Here's the Intel chipsets teased inside of the new Intel Chipset drivers:
- X699 (HEDT Enthusiast)
- Z690 (Mainstream Enthusiast)
- W685 (Workstation Enthusiast)
- W680 (Workstation Mainstream)
- Q670 (Business / Enterprise)
- Q670E (Business / Enterprise Laptop)
- R680E (R-Embedded Laptop)
- H670 (Mainstream Budget)
- B660 (Mainstream Budget)
- H610 (Mainstream Entry)
- H610E (Mainstream Entry Laptop)
- > NEXT STORY: Macabre Witch Queen Savathun questions truth in new Destiny 2 teaser
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut review bombed over $70 controversy