GIGABYTE's upcoming AORUS WaterForce X CPU coolers will work with Intel's next-gen Alder Lake platform and its new LGA1700 socket.
Like with any other CPU socket changes you will need a new bracket or an upgrade kit for your cooler, but if you're going to buy a new cooler -- like the new AORUS WaterForce X CPU coolers -- then you'll be fine when Intel launches its new 12th Gen Core CPUs on the new LGA1700 socket later in the year.
All 3 of the AORUS WaterForce X coolers -- in 360mm, 280mm, and 240mm form will support Intel's new LGA1700 socket, with beautiful full-color 60 x 60mm LCDs. GIGABYTE already supports LGA2066, LGA2011, LGA1366, LGA115x, and AMD TR4, AM4, and sTRX4 with its AORUS WaterForce X CPU coolers, but the addition of LGA1700 is great to see this early into the game.
- Read more: Noctua: yeah, you can use our coolers on Intel's next-gen LGA1700 CPUs
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Alder Lake-S rumored to use LGA1700 socket
- Read more: Intel's 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S processors should drop in September
- Read more: Intel teases 12th Gen Alder Lake CPUs on 10nm SuperFin for 2H 2021
GIGABYTE AORUS Xtreme Waterforce Intel Z490 LGA 1200 motherboard (Z490 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE)
- > NEXT STORY: Square Enix has no plans to sell, hasn't received buyout offers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battlefield leaker: Battlefield 2021 isn't coming to last-gen consoles