Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and its incredibly popular (and super awesome, and very addictive) Warzone are about to get their Season 5 updates.
It will be taking place on August 5 (today) at 2AM ET on all platforms, which works out into:
- US - August 4 @ 11PM PDT
- UK - August 5 @ 7AM BST
- AU - August 5 @ 4PM AEST
- TPE - August 5 @ 2PM CST
- CA - August 5 @ 2AM EDT
The update will be automatic, but if the Season 5 update isn't kicking off on your install of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, reset your PC or console. Once you're back online, try it again and you should see the download starting. It'll be a while, as it's anywhere between 33GB and 50GB depending on your platform, more on that here.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone - Season 5 download sizes
- PC: 54.2GB
- Xbox One: 49.8GB
- PC (Warzone only): 47.4GB
- PS4: 33.9GB
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 5 will launch on August 5, with all of the content free for gamers. However, you can get a bunch of rewards through purchasing the Battle Pass, which will cost you $10.
What you need to know about Season 5 and Warzone
- How big is the Season 5 update? The new update weighs in at 36GB or so, but requires 90GB to start the download. Console players are going to hurt hard if they were already at the edge of their storage capacity.
- How much storage space does COD:MW take up in total? 200GB+ right now, but this will change once the patches hit gamers' systems. We could expect it to be under 200GB, or right around that 1/5 of a terabyte mark.
- What are the big changes in Season 5? The biggest changes in Season 5 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone are the roof being blown off the stadium, and the huge introduction of a train on Verdansk.
- Should I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Yes, definitely. This is a very different Call of Duty release, and has been super popular with gamers. Plus, if you've got a GeForce RTX graphics card, the ray tracing side of graphics looks glorious.
- What about Warzone? How good is it? Warzone is addictive AF. It has completely captured me, and has pulled me right away from Apex Legends (which pulled me away from Overwatch). Call of Duty: Warzone is an absolute blast to play, and it looks incredible too -- hey Battlefield 6, where you at?
More reading on Call of Duty: Warzone
- Call of Duty: Warzone S5 trailer confirms new train, stadium changes
- Call of Duty: Warzone Season 5 update weighs in at 36GB on PS4
- Gamers ignore warning from Activision, host in-person Call of Duty LAN
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 5 kick off next week
- Oops, Doritos accidentally reveals Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Warzone is now a 200 player battle royale FPS
- Post Malone and HyperX partner up for Call of Duty: Warzone livestream
- Warzone is the biggest thing Activision has ever done
- Call of Duty: Warzone on PS5 and Xbox Series X may come with upgrades
- Call of Duty: Warzone Season 3 adds 4-player squad, new weapons & more
- Call of Duty: Warzone update adds solo mode, and fixes in-game bugs
- CoD Warzone hits 15 million gamers in 3 days, growing faster than Apex
- Here's why Call of Duty: Warzone's file size is so absurdly large
- Call of Duty: Warzone infinite revive bug is winning games in the gas
- Call of Duty: Warzone hits 6m+ players, 108+PB downloaded in 24 hours