You can now officially order Apple's new Mac Pro, which might start at just $5999 -- but the price can get pretty hairy, pretty damn quickly. Apple's impressive new Mac Pro costs north of $50,000 when you've got it fully specced.
What do you get for the massive price of $53,247 you ask? Well, you do get 1.5TB of RAM and quad GPUs -- but everything else is either just alright, or good. The base model Apple Mac Pro for $5999 comes with an 8-core Intel Xeon-W processor, while spending an additional $7000 will see you upgraded to the much-faster 28-core CPU.
Upgrading from the stock 32GB of DDR4 ECC RAM to a simply crazy 1.5TB of RAM will cost you a huge $25,000 -- you could buy 4 x stock Mac Pros for that money and have change to buy the $400 wheels. Heh. There is one issue with the 1.5TB RAM upgrade: you will be stuck at the 24-core Intel Xeon-W processor at a minimum, you can't have an 8-core CPU + 1.5TB of RAM.
AMD provides their impressive Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics card, with 32GB of HBM2 total -- 16GB of HBM2 per Vega GPU. You can opt in for two Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics cards with 64GB of HBM2 in total which is a $10,800 upgrade. Upgrading from the stock 256GB PCIe-based SSD to 4TB of PCIe-based SSD storage costs $1400, and adding the Apple Afterburner card costs $2000.
- CPU - Intel Xeon W (28-core 2.50GHz base clock, 4.40GHz Turbo Boost): Additional $7,000
- Memory - 1.5TB (12 x 128GB of DDR4 ECC RAM): Additional $25,000
- GPU - Two Radeon Pro Vega II Duo (2 x 32GB HBM2 graphics memory): Additional $10,800
- Storage - 4TB of PCIe SSD storage: Additional $1,400
- Apple Afterburner card: Additional $2,000
- Stainless steel frame with wheels: Additional $400
- Magic Mouse 2 + Magic Trackpad 2: Additional $149
- Pre-installed software includes Final Cut Pro X and Logic Cut Pro X: Additional $499.98
- >> NEXT STORY: Rick's shy-pooping toilet is being sold for 50% off from this retailer
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Amazon leaks out EVERY single home address of Ring camera customers