Nintendo announced during their 45 minute Super Smash Bros. Ultimate livestream that version 6.0 would be arriving with a massive amount of changes.
Right off the bat, Nintendo will be adding some quality of life features to the Online mode of Smash Bros. Ultimate. These changes will be coming to the Battle Arena mode, and after 6.0 is downloaded, players will be able to add the arena type "Elite Only". Players will now also be able to simply join friends arenas by going Join Arena - Friends' Arenas. Nintendo has also added an option for "Random Battlefield and omega Form" and a message button for players inside an arena.
Moving onto 'General,' Nintendo has added support for the upcoming Simon and Incineroar amiibos. Just like every update, Nintendo have made some balance changes to some fighters. This time around, we have changes for Donkey Kong, Kirby, King K. Rool, Jigglypuff, Robin, Incineroar, and Hero. To top of this version 6.0, Nintendo has added the next DLC fighter, Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch.
Ver. 6.0.0 (Released November 6, 2019):
The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Andy Bogard
- Joe Higashi
- Kim Kaphwan
- Geese Howard
- Ryo Sakazaki
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Iori Yagami
- Athena Asamiya
- Ralf & Clark
- The Tockles spirit will appear on the DRAGON QUEST Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu.
- Note: To play on a Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu, you must purchase the appropriate downloadable content.
The following features have been added to Battle Arena mode:
- The arena type "Elite Only" has been added.
- Arenas that a friend has created can now be found by going to Join Arena → Friends' Arenas, regardless of visibility.
- The host player can now change some rules without having to shut down the arena.
- The option "Random Battlefield and Ω Form" has been added to the stage settings.
- You can now send set messages to each other inside an arena.
Added support for the upcoming Simon and Incineroar amiibo figures.
The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Terry + King of Fighters Stadium
- Ryo Sakazaki Wig + Outfit
- Nakoruru Wig + Outfit
- Iori Yagami Wig + Outfit
- Akira Wig + Outfit
- Jacy Wig + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- Fixes and changes to fighters have been made.
Last updated: Nov 8, 2019 at 06:11 am CST
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director will play Terry Bogard for 45 mins live
- Here's a link to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Terry Bogard' livestream
- Terry Bogard is the hardest DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Is for good boys and girls' only
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- > NEXT STORY: Sony solves PS5's biggest issue
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Tesla to reveal its 'armored personnel carrier from future' Nov 21st