But what do you need to run the game at 60FPS? Well, NVIDIA has taken some of that work out for you with some benchmarks that show us what we need to run Red Dead Redemption 2 at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K at a silky smooth 60FPS -- and trust me, you'll need some GPU grunt to do it.
1080p 60FPS on High detail will require an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, while 1440p 60FPS on High requires a higher-end GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER. But it's the glorious 4K resolution at 60FPS that requires the flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Ti... and that 's when the detail levels get knocked from High to Medium-High that it can only hit 60FPS. This is where we need something faster, or NVLink support -- right?!
Red Dead Redemption 2 has a built-in benchmark so the second it launches I will run it through my usual graphics card line up, and all resolutions including the even-more-glorious 8K resolution at a blistering 7680 x 4320. This is a crazy resolution as it is 4x the pixels of 4K and 16x the pixels of 1080p so it really stresses our graphics cards to the max.
Last updated: Nov 5, 2019 at 05:32 pm CST
- Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC has exclusive singleplayer content
- Modders rip 16Gbps GDDR6 from RTX 2080 SUPER, put it on RTX 2080 Ti
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA Ampere: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is 40% faster than RTX 2080 Ti
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SUPER rumored specs are ridiculously good
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft teases new glass-based storage with 1978's Superman on it
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Kickstarter hits new fundraising milestone of $4.56 billion USD