Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC will have singleplayer content that isn't coming to consoles, including guns, missions, hideouts and more.
Apart from the obvious huge performance leaps like uncapped frame rates and 4K support, Rockstar is giving players even more reason to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC with some exclusive content.
The new content includes new bounty hunter missions, which can actually be pretty dynamic and take you across the entire map, more gang hideouts spread across varying regions, new treasure maps, and most importantly, new weapons and horses. Most of the new weapons are actually found in Red Dead Online on consoles, but aren't actually available in singleplayer. One gun--the M1899 Pistol--was tailor-made for RDR2 on PC.
Some of the new horses are also pulled straight from Red Dead Online, but a few like the Warped Brindle Arabian and Few Spot Appaloosa are only found on RDR2 on PC.
Here's a complete list:
In addition to the technical enhancements, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC brings additional updates to the world of Story Mode, including:
3 New Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen - track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
2 New Gang Hideouts:
- Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon's Folly.
2 New Treasure Maps:
- Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
- New Mission "To The Ends of The Earth" - collect requested herbs for a range of rewards
New Weapons for Story Mode including:
- M1899 Pistol - all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater - high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver - ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver - powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian - a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa - beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian - a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian - a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations - keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
5 New Trinkets to collect with new effects:
- Hawk Talon - permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye - permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth - permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell - permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak - permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
It's not a whole lot of content and certainly isn't DLC- or expansion-worthy, but it might be the best we'll ever get. Rockstar currently has no plans to work on more singleplayer content for RDR2 and will instead focus on Red Dead Online.
Red Dead Redemption 2 promises to be a spectacle on PC with tons of optimizations across all different types of hardware configurations.
Here's a list of new performance targets RDR2 will hit on PC:
- Uncapped FPS
- 4K (and 8K) resolution support
- UltraWide, multi-monitor support
- HDR confirmed
- Increased draw distances for better navigation
- Higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting
- Higher quality snow trails, improved reflections and deeper, higher resolution shadows at all distances
- Tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures for added realism in every plant and animal
And of course be sure to check the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC requirements here.
Pre-orders for RDR2 on PC are now live via Rockstar's own proprietary game store/launcher. Buying directly from Rockstar gets you two free classic R* games and a bunch of other in-game goodies.
Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC releases on November 5, 2019 on the Rockstar Games Launcher and the Epic Games Store. The Steam version will be available in December.
- >> NEXT STORY: COD: Modern Warfare requires RTX 2080 SUPER for 4K 60FPS ray tracing
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Couch co-op goes online with new Steam Remote Play Together feature