We knew it was coming and we should have the official reveal today, but it looks like the new Need for Speed has been leaked and it will be called Need for Speed: Heat.
Need for Speed: Heat will reportedly be a new open-world game with a darker tone, and a serious story. It actually sounds kinda cool, with an +18 game showing the serious tone, while the "arcade gameplay as always, just brake to drift" shows that it'll take driving in the easier arcade-style mode.
The graphics will be "similar to NFS 2015" which doesn't inspire much, there will be no off-road gameplay, but one of the cool features in Need for Speed: Heat sounds like the Police Escape game mode. Police Escape mode is meant to be 'classic Need for Speed' mode with "cops will be back in the open world" with "helicopters and everything".
Your car can be damaged in Need for Speed: Heat, so take too much damage by crashing into other cars of the environment and you'll be ruined. If you do damage your car, NFS: Heat will be bringing back gas stations to repair your car.
Need for Speed: Heat Details
- Open world Game
- Darker and with a more serious story.
- Ghost will use this game as the basis for all the upcoming Need for Speed Games.
- Not always online
- Arcade gameplay as always. Just brake to drift, but it's improved.
- Tuning is the same as NFS 2015.
- Speed Cards (Those microtransaction of full payback tuning cards) have been removed.
- No off road.
- Graphics similar to NFS 2015.
- Rain is confirmed.
- Police Escape: Classic Need for Speed ??style. Cops will be back in the open world. There will be helicopters and everything.
- Damage bars are back, so your car could end up being destroyed if you hit it too much.
- Gas Stations That Fix Your Car Are Back.
- Cool races will be in the game.
- Speed lists will be back
- +18 Game
- > NEXT STORY: Secretlab secures funding from Temasek firm, now valued at over $145M
- < PREVIOUS STORY: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files is finally coming to PSVR