Today Gearbox announced a bunch of new Borderlands 3 info, including the dreaded Epic Store exclusivity, confirmation of a season pass with 4 DLC packs, and an introduction to the game's four vault hunters.
The leaks were 100% accurate on this one. Borderlands 3 will have four classes like its predecessors, one of which is actually familiar. Gamers can customize skills in unique ways, the devs promise, adding more flavor to the experience: each class has "unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options" (side note: Borderlands 3 will have over 1 billion guns).
The new stars of Gearbox's chaotic shooter include FL4K, a beastmaster who can charm monsters to his side, Moze, the leaked "botjock" who can instantly call in an explosively powerful mech named Bear to wreak havoc on enemies, Amara, a siren who smashes enemies with her fiery blue fists, and Zane, a soldier operative that uses gadgets and other creative self-made creations to annihilate foes.
- Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup she Digistructs her mech - Iron Bear - for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as the BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master's every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as the OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
Borderlands 3 will launch on September 13, 2019 on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Check below for more info:
The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure. Blast your way through new worlds and enemies as one of four brand new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. Play solo or join with friends to take on insane enemies, collect loads of loot and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy.
A MAYHEM-FUELED THRILL RIDE
Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy's ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down.
YOUR VAULT HUNTER, YOUR PLAYSTYLE
Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together they are unstoppable.
LOCK, LOAD, AND LOOT
With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.
Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!
QUICK & SEAMLESS CO-OP ACTION
Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone - no one misses out on loot.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:44 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Mortal Kombat's Ed Boon wants to make a new IP
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Dragon Age 4 will rise from Anthem's ashes