Nintendo have just conducted their Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Livestream and have announced a brand new fighter to join the roster, introducing Simon Belmont from Konami's Castlevania series.
Rumors begun of Simon Belmont from back in June from known leaker DasVergeben, who leaked out the information that all of the previous Super Smash Bros fighters would be returning for Ultimate. According to the rumors by Vergeben, Simon Belmont was meant to be revealed alongside Ridley at this years E3. That didn't happen, and resulted in everyone expecting Simon Belmont to be revealed at a later date, what better time than Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct?
Everyone has expected the arrival of Simon Belmont, even the Super Smash Bros. YouTube Channel teased the fighter through some music they released. Throughout the Direct livestream, it is officially confirmed that Simon Belmont will be joining the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster. Simon carries his iconic holy whip and is everything you expect him to be from his respective series. For further information regarding Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, visit the official Smash website here.
Last updated: Aug 9, 2018 at 06:11 am CDT
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game in US
- Terry Bogard is the hardest DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becomes the best-selling Smash Bros. game
- You can watch the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2020 Direct right here
- > NEXT STORY: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: King K. Rool confirmed
- < PREVIOUS STORY: SEGA release Team Sonic Racing mechanics spotlight video