EA today announced Battlefront 2, revealing tons of details including an "emotionally gripping" campaign that connects the original trilogy to the expanded universe, full-on galactic space combat, and tons of new heroes and maps across all three of the franchise's eras.
We've collected an array of new Battlefront 2 screenshots from across the net, and can confirm that Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones' Kamino planet will be one of the in-game maps, and Jango Fett should be one of the un-announced new heroes.
Here's what we know about Battlefront 2 so far:
- Full singleplayer campaign that bridges Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, play as Imperial special forces commander Iden Versio
- New heroes from across all three eras: Darth Maul, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren and Rey confirmed
- Maps from all three eras: prequel, original trilogy, expanded universe - Theed, Takodana, Hoth, Endor, Kamino, Mos Eisley, Yavin-4 and Starkiller Base confirmed
- 20 vs 20 multiplayer mode
- Galactic space battles
- Offline 2-player split-screen co-op
- Customizable characters and heroes
- No season pass, but may have microtransactions
- EA Access and Origin Access subscribers get 8-day early access trial starting Nov 9
- Releases Nov 17, 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC
Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have a simultaneous worldwide release on November 17, 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC, and for more information check the official press release.