AMD announced their new Radeon Pro range of workstation graphics cards during SIGGRAPH 2016 earlier this year, but now the Polaris-based cards have launched.
The new Radeon Pro WX 7100, WX 5100, and WX 4100 workstation graphics cards are now shipping. The higher-end WX 7100 and WX 5100 are powered by the Polaris 10 GPU on the 14nm LPP process, both with 8GB of RAM on a 256-bit memory bus. The WX 7100 has 2304 stream processors at 1.24GHz, while the WX 5100 has 1792 stream processors at 1.09GHz.
AMD's lower-end Radeon Pro WX 4100 uses the Polaris 11 GPU with 1024 stream processors at 1.17GHz, with 4GB of RAM on a 128-bit memory bus. The power consumption on these new Polaris-based workstation cards is also low, with the WX 7100 using up to 130W, the WX 5100 hits 75W and the WX 4100 with 50W.
- Radeon Pro WX 7100 - $799
- Radeon Pro WX 5100 - $499
- Radeon Pro WX 4100 - $399
- > NEXT STORY: Battlefield 1 was 'biggest launch' in DICE's history
- < PREVIOUS STORY: A new Crysis game could look absolutely amazing