System requirements for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered are here, ahead of the game's November 4 launch. Well, the minimum are, anyway: no recommended requirements are anywhere to be found. Then again, they weren't for the original Modern Warfare either.
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit / Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.80GHz
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 7850 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Hard drive: 55GB available space at launch (more space will be required for updates, DLC, etc.)
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
The 450 versus 7850 is strange, to say the least.
If you're curious to, compare those to the original requirements, the difference between which is quite a bit higher than one might expect:
- Supported OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- DirectX Version: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (included)
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4GHz / AMD(R) 64 (TM) 2800+ / Intel® and AMD® 1.8GHz Dual Core Processor or better supported
- Memory: 512MB RAM (Windows® XP), 768MB RAM (Vista®)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon® 9800Pro or better
- Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Hard Drive: 8GB of free hard drive space
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer connectivity
Modern Warfare Remastered is packaged with Infinite Warfare, which also launches November 4.
- > NEXT STORY: Crash Bandicoot debuts on Netflix: Skylanders Academy
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Black Mesa 'Xen' release window finally nailed down