The expansion is supposed to include a variety of current, past and future Porsche vehicles that can be used in-game. According to the marketing description, there are a total of 20 different vehicles, including the 919 Hybrid. And of course there'll be Porsche-centric achievements that you can look forward to.
Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft haven't quite officially announced this expansion yet, though it won't be surprising if a statement is released shortly. Forza Motorsport 6 wasn't quite the revolutionary upgrade over its predecessor in terms of content, though the graphics, physics and physically modeled weather effects make for a fantastic racing game. When I reviewed it (for another site unfortunately), the thrill of racing in a semi-realistic environment was very satisfying. Adding new cars should help to keep people interested and racing. The full marketing notes are below for the new (unofficial) Porsche expansion.
- Explore the past, present, and future of Porsche in an all-new guided Porsche Anthology campaign experience, featuring 48 new events across all of the Porsche models featured in the expansion.
- Collect, race, and customise 20 of Porsche's most famous cars, including nine models brand new to Xbox One. From groundbreaking early innovators like the 1957 356A Speedster to bleeding-edge engineering marvels like the 2015 #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid, the legacy of Porsche is on full display.
- Compete in new Porsche-themed multiplayer Leagues, Hoppers, and Rivals events.
- Virginia International Raceway makes its Forza Motorsport debut as a new track in Forza Motorsport 6. Tackle this classic American race track across seven distinct ribbons, all featuring night and wet configurations, and all running at glorious 1080p and 60 frames per second.
- Collect Porsche-exclusive Mods and Badges, and earn 250 Gamerscore worth of Xbox Live achievements.
- > NEXT STORY: The Division may get an open beta this month
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft and EA go head to head over 'Ghost' trademark