12:17 Ben here reporting live from the eGames Expo in Melbourne, Victoria. We've just been ushered into the media room. The wi-fi connection is not
up, so I've resorted to using the costly mobile connection. Many booths are still being setup, but the Nintendo booth looks very nice...and very white.
12:47 The media briefing starts... yes we will behave ourselves (until the alcohol is released). The eGames organizers welcome us to the show.
12:55 Intel take the stage to launch details on the i7 architecture, followed by a demonstration of Far Cry 2. It looked good despite the frame
skipping (which I don't believe was intentional), but far from spectacular.
1:00 The expo is officially opened. The floor quickly fills up with the folks.
2:20 Well I've had a walk around and I've seen/ played most things there are too be had. Highlights so far: Sony's LittleBigPlanet booth, Resident
Evil 5 over at the PlayStation booth, EA's Left 4 Dead booth and the Gears of War bunker (it's quite warm and cosy in there though)
3:00 Well I've scoured the expo and seen pretty much all there is to be seen. The vast majority of games are ones we have seen before, but there are a
few new ones, including Loco Roco, Resistance: Retribution, Need For Speed: Undercover and Left 4 Dead. I will talk a bit about those tomorrow.
3:30 Had a quick chat to Peter Blasina as he was trying to fool a Tivo into working. Priceless.
4:30 Time to leave. I've had a chance to discuss a few things, but I will leave the nitty gritty until tomorrow. Take this a 'taster' of the first day
of the eGames Expo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit