Title: "Flight Simulator X"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: ACES Studio
Format: DVD for the Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista™ operating systems
ESRB Rating: "E" for Everyone
Availability: Holiday 2006
"FlightSimulator X" is the culmination of nearly 25 years of the landmark"Flight Simulator" franchise and its most significant addition to date.The 10th addition to the highly successful "Flight Simulator"franchise, "Flight Simulator X" will immerse players in a beautifullyrich and realistic world, offering a completely new and innovativegaming experience with dozens of new aircraft to choose from, includingthe AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheelsand skis. Gamers of all ages, types and skill levels will experiencefirsthand what it is like to be an aviator traveling the globe eitheralone or online with others.
- Immersive world."Flight Simulator X" offers players a rich and innovative gamingexperience with new technological advancements, incredible graphics andadded realism including weather, time of day and seasons. Pilots canwatch moving cars and detailed buildings in cities below; traffic onhighways; indigenous houses, farmland and livestock; and wildlife inits natural habitats.
- Mission-based gameplay.With the addition of new mission-based gameplay, players will have aspecific purpose as their world comes alive for the first time withautomobile traffic, moving boats and ships, and animal life. With morethan 50 new missions to choose from, aviators can build their skilllevels and engage in even more stimulating gameplay than before.Players can choose to compete in the Red Bull Air Race or bring reliefmateriel to the Congo, keeping track of their progress on each mission.
- New aircraft."Flight Simulator X" will enable pilots to fly the aircraft of theirdreams, from the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver floatplane and Grumman G-21AGoose to the AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion withwheels and skis. Players will be amazed at the details - such as shadedrivets, reflective paint, and glint from glass and chrome - as theyview the world from 100 feet to 1 million feet.
- Connected world.Through increased online gameplay capabilities, "Flight Simulator X"offers players a connected world where they can choose whom they wantto be, from air-traffic controller to pilot or co-pilot, as theyinteract with other aviators from around the globe by chatting in realtime via headset and keyboard.
- Interactive airports.More than 24,000 airports feature AI-controlled jetways, fuel trucksand moving baggage carts, allowing players to explore their hometown orventure to a favorite far-off city.