Introduction of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB in SLI & Overclocked
The past few months have been crazy when it comes to core components. The release of the new X99 platform from Intel bought with it new motherboards, CPUs, and RAM in the form of DDR4. If that wasn't enough to keep us busy, NVIDIA turned around and release their GTX 900 series video cards that have really grabbed the attention of enthusiasts in a big way.
One article that I had hoped to write, but just somehow hadn't gotten around to writing, was the GTX 980 4GB in SLI & Overclocked. Well, I've finally gotten around to writing it, and you just so happen to be reading it now!
So far we know a couple of things about this card. The first is that the GTX 980 4GB from NVIDIA is a fantastic card that offers some truly fantastic performance out of the box. On top of that, we also know that the overclocking ability on the model is strong along with the scaling ability. It's fairly safe to assume that thanks to these benefits, we'll be able to see some awesome performance out of the SLI setup when we overclock it.
Since we've already looked at the reference GTX 980 4GB cards in a couple of different ways, we'll be simply moving on from here into our test system setup, where we'll cover the cards that will be in our graphs today, and see what's going on with the overclock.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 video card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 video card retails for $579.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]