Introduction of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB
When rumors started circulating a few months ago that NVIDIA was going to bring a new high-end product to the table, I found myself getting excited. High-end video cards are definitely one of the coolest things in this job, and the battle between AMD and NVIDIA is the gift that keeps on giving. In the end, the person that really wins is you, the consumer.
I think the first thing we really need to cover today is the naming scheme. NVIDIA for some reason has chosen to skip past the 800 series name, and instead jumped straight to the 900 series. While we're only looking at one today, the new series currently consists of two models: the GTX 970 4GB and the GTX 980 GB, the latter being the one that we're testing here today.
While there's rumors surrounding that AMD are working on the R9 300 series products, everyone we've talked to tells us that this isn't going to be a product that will be ready till Q1 of next year. If the performance and price is right on these new GTX 900 models, NVIDIA could be going full steam ahead all the way through to the holiday season.
While normally we would go from here into the box and bundle, because we're dealing with a reference sample card, that's not something we have today.
Instead, let's take a closer look at the brand new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB video card and see just what it's all about over the following pages.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:33 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]