Well and truly past that half way mark for the year, we find ourselves half way through the month of August and a new ATI Catalyst release from the folks over at AMD.
We should really see a big focus for improvements over the next few months thanks to the large Radeon line up now available on the market and their need to gain momentum in the market. No doubt, performance sells!
There are big promises this month so let's see what they are before we move forward.
Lost Planet DX10 with anti-aliasing improves 11% or greater on Radeon HD2900XT products
Radeon HD2600 and Radeon HD2400 (single and CrossFire) show improvements of as much as 6% in 3DMark 2006 and 3DMark 2005
Serious Sam 2 with HDR enabled improves as much as 14.5% on Radeon HD2900, Radeon HD2600 and Radeon HD2400 products
Important message from the Editor
We receive the ATI Catalyst drivers well before they go up online the AMD website and before the release notes are written. While we don't always get the opportunity to test the particular applications that are mentioned in the release notes, we try to cover all our bases by testing the following - synthetic, real-world, HDR, OpenGL, Direct3D along with AA and AF.
If there is an application improvement that we haven't tested feel free to use the forums and comment on anything you notice as that will be a good resource for other users, too.
Moving on now we have got that clear with you all!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Elite Dangerous devs working on new IP
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio