Well and truly past that half way mark for the year, we find ourselves half way through the month of August and a new ATI Catalyst release from the folks over at AMD.
We should really see a big focus for improvements over the next few months thanks to the large Radeon line up now available on the market and their need to gain momentum in the market. No doubt, performance sells!
There are big promises this month so let's see what they are before we move forward.
Lost Planet DX10 with anti-aliasing improves 11% or greater on Radeon HD2900XT products
Radeon HD2600 and Radeon HD2400 (single and CrossFire) show improvements of as much as 6% in 3DMark 2006 and 3DMark 2005
Serious Sam 2 with HDR enabled improves as much as 14.5% on Radeon HD2900, Radeon HD2600 and Radeon HD2400 products
Important message from the Editor
We receive the ATI Catalyst drivers well before they go up online the AMD website and before the release notes are written. While we don't always get the opportunity to test the particular applications that are mentioned in the release notes, we try to cover all our bases by testing the following - synthetic, real-world, HDR, OpenGL, Direct3D along with AA and AF.
If there is an application improvement that we haven't tested feel free to use the forums and comment on anything you notice as that will be a good resource for other users, too.
Moving on now we have got that clear with you all!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard