System IO Benchmarks
ixChariot Network Throughput:
Storage and network performance are solid, no issues with the motherboard's performance. The motherboard uses re-drivers for the M.2 slot connected to the CPU since the M.2 slots are a bit further down than on other boards.
Sound Judgment by Ear: Excellent audio implementation, the DAC really adds some oomph to the ALC1220. There are five ratings for audio: 1. Problems, 2. Okay, 3. Acceptable, 4. Very good, 5. Excellentâ€
Power consumption is actually quite good, and even with the 5G NIC, perhaps because ASUS is using the USB variant of the chip instead of the PCI-E one.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VIII Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]