Workload testing is where SSD cache really shines. As seen above RAID 0 Database operations, we get a 500 IOP increase at QD16 with QD32 and QD64 showing a larger 1200 IOPs increase.
File Server is even larger with SSD cache having the ability to triple your IOPs from QD16 to 128.
Email Server peaks around 900 IOPs standard at QD16. With cache, we see a peak just over 1800 IOPs at QD32.
Continuing our testing, we have Web Server peaking at 1200 IOPs standard and with cache; 3750 IOPs.
Workstation reaches top performance at QD64 just below 1000 IOPs. Adding in our SSD cache, we see top marks at QD32; 2700 IOPs.
Moving into RAID 5, performance for the HDD setup reaches its peak at QD8 just under 800 IOPs. Further down the line we see the peak for the SSD cache at QD128 and 1000 IOPs.
Moving out of Database and into File Server, we see a much larger performance gap between cache and HDD. Peak results hover around 500 IOPs all the way down the line and with cache almost four time higher at 2000 IOPs.
Email Server tops at 400 IOPs standard, Cached all the way up to 1200 IOPs at QD8.
Web Server acts very much like File Server with 500 IOPs peak on the hard drives alone and with cache nearly 7 times the throughput at 3700 IOPs.
RAID 5 Workstation we see peak performance around QD16 for the cached setup and QD32 for the HDDs.
Into our final set of testing, we reconfigure the array for RAID 6. Database keeps things tight with 600 IOPs for the hard drive setup and 900 IOPs adding in cache.
File Server with RAID 6 seemed to stay quite tight as well with the cache only getting away around QD8.
Email Server once again shows cache and standard both hovering around 450 IOPs.
Into Web Server, we have seen cache gain the most here. With RAID 6 that stays true with a 5-6x increase using SSD cache.
Workstation is a bit erratic with cache peaking at QD16 at 1600 IOPs for the SSD cache setup.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director