Chad's CPU Cooler Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO (Intel Z170) - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 4 3000MHz 4X4GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Corsair Neutron XTi 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: INWIN D-Frame - Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS 1050W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
- Software: RealTemp 3.70, AIDA64 Engineer 5.75.3900, and CPU-z 1.77.0 x64
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article (October 2016) for more information.
While a full degree better than its predecessor, the 58.75-degree result in this chart does not look all that appealing at first glance, however, it has jumped into the range of the H100i PRO and close to the H150i Pro in quiet mode. Even the best air cooler in the chart is only 3.75 degrees cooler, and is not as affordable.
With more demand from the cooler in this round of testing, we see that the Freezer 34 eSports DUO is besting the previous design by a degree again. At 76.25 degrees, we are far from the throttle point, and less than ten degrees from the lead spot, and is still able to hang tight with AIO coolers that should be much better and cost nearly three times what the ARCTIC does.
Leaving less than two degrees in the tank for the user to opt for shows us that the PWM fan curve is on point. There isn't much need to crank up the fans to obtain the best from this cooler, and again, we are less than ten-degrees away from the best numbers in the chart.
Noise Level Results
We were never able to use the passive mode, as even at idle we were at 600 RPM, which is more than the 5% of fan speed needed for that to activate. However, under load, while obtaining the noise level, the fans topped out at 1175 RPM delivering 28 dB into the office. Inside of a chassis or with a headset on, it is nothing to worry about at all.
With more load applied to the PWM fan curve, it increased the speed of the fans in reply. At this point, the fans were seen turning at a maximum of 1530 RPM. The noise does move into the audible range of 32dB, but still not enough noise to be concerned within our opinion.
If that extra one and a half degree of performance gain is a must to keep your overclock happy, maybe you should lower the clocks just a touch if you plan to use this cooler. At 42 dB at this point as the fans spin at 2100 RPM, it is not worth the effort for the amount of noise coming from the cooler at this time. Unless the chassis is sound-absorbing or you always wear a headset, the sound can get annoying.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts