ATI has now started to mass ship its Xpress 3200 Crossfire chipsets and it has picked up quite a following for the Crossfire crowd, mostly because of its dual PCI Express x16 interfaces for graphics cards. Whatever it is, it's clear that the battle between ATI and nVidia is heating up even more. ATI has one major advantage over nVidia and that is ATI has given support to Intel with the 975X chipset to support Crossfire. Though Intel only offers twin PCI-E x8 ports, we can expect to see this change with the next chipset revision - 985X will most likely give the Crossfire platform another dual PCI-E x16 partner.
ASUS is the motherboard manufacturer to watch these days. Beginning as a desktop and workstation only manufacturer, ASUS has pulled all the stops to become the most well known and most trusted motherboard platform on the market.
ASUS has put out more motherboards than any other company out there, with support for every chipset that comes on the market of value, including ones like SiS and ULi. ASUS can be a truly valuable partner.
ASUS has now adopted the latest Crossfire chipset, the Xpress 3200 onto its new high-end Crossfire platform, known as the A8R32-MVP. ASUS has clams that this is the ultimate in Crossfire boards. Will these big, bold claims hold true?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit