The MEG Z390 GODLIKE shows us the goods with the heat sinks removed!
The VRM is a 16 phase configuration, yes you heard that right, there is no 14+2 or 12+4 or a secondary rail for the iGPU. That's because MSI basically figures anyone buying a motherboard costing over $500 will probably buy a GPU, and the rear IO has no iGPU outputs. Thermal tests and continuity tests confirm this. The motherboard's CPU VCore VRM is controlled by an IR35201 in 8+0 phase mode and uses IR3599 on the rear to double up to 16 phase in asynchronous mode, and each power stages are the very nice Infineon TDA21462, which is basically a newer version of International Rectifier's IR3555.
VCCSA and VCCIO come from single phases made up of PowerPAK On Semiconductor MOSFETs and use a Primarion digital PWM controller. A Monolithic Power Systems M2940 is used with two MPS drivers on the back to drive two phases made up of ON Semiconductor PowerPAKs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and MEG Z390 GODLIKE Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Musk's Super Heavy Rocket has 8200 tonnes of FARTING power
- QuakeCon 2019 is the 'Year of DOOM' amping up DOOM Eternal
- Apple in 'advanced' talks to buy Intel's modem division
- Apple's 2020 iPhone could feature 120Hz refresh rate display
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood will launch WITHOUT ray tracing
- Loss of SLI/Second GPU upon installing Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt PCIE Card with I7-6800k, GA-X99 Ultra Gaming Motherboard
- i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra oc problem. need help
- need help plz i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra OC problem
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- A fire breathing moose? Funcom releases a steaming hot video featuring the new Mutant Year Zero hero
- Introducing Girls' Game Lab: The New Game Design and Coding Initiative Teaching The Next Generation of Girls
- Quantic Dream brings star-studded psychological thriller Beyond: Two Souls to PC today
- Armors Games Studios Launches Swords & Souls: Neverseen On Steam, GOG.COM And Humble
- World's Top 16 Teams Set For PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019 Global Finals In Berlin