Packaging and Overview
The box and packaging are decent and do a fine job of protecting the motherboard.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, SLI HB bridge, RGB LED extension cable, M.2 screws, IO shield, SATA stickers, WIFI Antenna, case badge, stickers, DVD, and manual.
MSI has seven hybrid PWM/DC mode headers that can control both PWM and DC mode fans. The two headers circled in red are by default in PWM mode while the five circled in blue are by default in DC mode.
The motherboard's VRM heat sink covers most of the IO shield, which is a pretty neat design and kills two birds with one stone. The motherboard also has a nice black design with some accents on the PCB's silkscreen. The rear of the motherboard is bare of most components.
The rear IO panel features a PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port, two USB 2.0 ports, DisplayPort, HDMI, two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 type-A, one USB 3.1 type-C, Gbit LAN, WIFI output, and gold plated 7.1 audio ports with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is as follows; the two x16 slots that are shielded operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The other slots are x1 or x4 wired to the PCH. The top M.2 slot is x4 PCI-E 3.0/SATA.
The bottom M.2 slot shares bandwidth with two SATA6Gb/s ports. There are six SATA6Gb/s ports and one right-angled USB 3.0 internal header.
There is another USB 3.0 internal header and a USB 3.1 type-C internal header. At the top of the motherboard, we find an RGB LED header and a specific Corsair RGB LED header; there are boot LEDs closer to the 24-pin connector.
At the bottom of the motherboard, we find a Thunderbolt 3 GPIO header and two USB 2.0 internal headers. For CPU power we get one 8-pin port and one optional 4-pin.
We also get another RGB LED header near the audio section and an addressable RGB LED header next to it. All of the heat sinks are screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Gaming Edge AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo adds 3 new NES Games to Switch Online service
- Super Smash Bros. UItimate patch 'next week', kills replays
- Noise complaint results in cops battling in Smash Ultimate
- The Game Awards 2018 viewership doubled over last year
- Smash Bros. Ultimate sales reach 1.3 million units in Japan
- Next Skin Serum Reviews: Price, Shark Tank and Where to Buy
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender