Packaging and Overview
The box is much like previous Aorus motherboard boxes. Packaging is high-end.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, SLI HB bridge, two thermal probes, digital RGB LED extensions, RGB LED extension cable, G-connector, two Aorus Velcro straps, WIFI Antenna, case badge, stickers, DVD, and manual.
GIGABYTE has upped the number of fan headers to eight, all of them being flexible hybrid PWM or DC mode headers. The headers circled in red are 1A headers, while the two circled in blue are rated up to 2A. There are two external headers that will accept external temperature sensor readings.
The motherboard has a sleek metal and black aesthetic, and the lights are tastefully done. The motherboard also features a shield that covers the entire backside of the motherboard and actually cools the VRMs from the backside.
The rear IO panel features clear CMOS button, power button, WIFI antenna, four USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 DAC-UP, HDMI, three USB 3.1 type-A, one USB 3.1 type-C, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold-plated audio with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is as follows, x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, the last x16 slot is wired to the PCH and shares x4 with one of the M.2 slots. The x1 slots are routed directly to the CPU. All M.2 slots have heat sinks.
The bottom M.2 slot shares x4 with the last x16 slot. The middle x4 M.2 slot shares x2 PCI-E with two SATA6Gb/s ports, so you either disable those ports or run M.2 at x2 instead of x4. There is a USB 3.0 internal header with the latest in Quick Charge technology; it has the proper hardware to support many different charging modes, some with higher voltages. It supports Quick Charge for both Android and Apple, but with Android, it's up to 18W QC 3.0, and it supports Apple Fast Charge. The USB 3.1 type-C header is also present just below the memory DIMMs.
There are six SATA 6Gb/s ports, and a Thunderbolt 3 GPIO header can be found right next to them. At the top right corner of the motherboard, we find our RGB LED header and out digital RGB LED header with voltage selection jumper. An OC button and an OC button header are also found in this corner.
At the bottom of the motherboard, we find a reset button, a POST code display, and two USB 2.0 headers. Over to the left, we find a single BIOS mode switch, a dual BIOS selector switch, a digital RGB LED header (with voltage selection jumper), and an RGB LED header.
On this motherboard, you get dual 8-pin power headers, and the heat sinks are absolute beasts. Direct touch heat pipes, optimized heat pads, and dual fins and block produce one of the best VRM heat sinks we have seen on a Z390 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Aorus Master Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions