The B450 Aorus Pro WIFI shows us the goods with the heat sinks removed.
We see the VRM here is in an interesting configuration. The PWM controller, the Intersil ISL95712, is in 4+3 phase mode and features two integrated drivers for the main 4 phase rail and one on the 3 phase rail. Three Intersil ISL6625A drivers finish off the control segment of the VRM, and output to two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFET for the main CPU phases and one low-side and one high-side MOSFET for the SoC portion of the VRM.
However, GIGABYTE went and added a second inductor per each phase, so while the VRM looks like an 8+3 phase VRM; it is more like an enhanced 4+3 phase VRM. Doubling the inductor count increases current capability and decreases thermals of the VRM. MOSFETs are the ON Semiconductor NTMFS4C06N as the low-side MOSFET and NTMFS4C10N as the high-side MOSFET.
The memory VRM is a single phase VRM controlled by a Richtek RT8120D single-phase PWM controller with an integrated driver, and there are two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFET.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450 Aorus Pro WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire