Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
While we have had the pleasure of testing a couple of mice from Dream Machines in the past, all of our knowledge so far is relegated to the DM1 Series of mice. Since that time, Dream Machines had released the DM2 Comfy, Which was a spin-off of the DM1 mice, but had more aggressive styling, but kept the same sensor, which at the time was one of the best gamer-centric optical sensors available.
Sadly we did not get to see this mouse, but with time perpetually passing by, Dream Machines has upped their game once more, and we are here to tell you all about their latest submission to the world of peripherals.
Not to downplay the capabilities of the first three mice Dream Machines made, but reading the literature on this newest mouse leads us to believe that it has had the most development time, and all with professional gamers used to test the product and comment on changes that should be made before its release.
All of this means that even though our time with the DM1 mice was pleasurable enough, we should expect greater things from their newest product.
We are here with the Dream Machines DM3 Mini, which is slightly smaller than the others, it is lighter than the rest, and even without a full assortment of extra buttons or software, Dream Machines can offer an ambidextrous design. As to not eliminate anyone from using this product, yet at the same time, allow all of those same people to fit the mouse to their needs and desires comfortably.
While Dream Machines is certainly not a company that pops right to the front of the list when thinking of a company to buy your next mouse from, in what we have seen in the past, and with what you are about to see, you may just want to add Dream Machines to your radar. They are a company which is trying their hardest to become a big player in a huge market.
When it comes to the specifications, the provided chart is short and sweet, but does offer information on all of the components that matter the most to those wanting to compare the DM3 Mini to any other mouse out there. The first thing we find on the list is information on the optical sensor used inside of the DM3 Mini.
We find it is the PixArt PMW3360, one of the best optical sensors to use at this time. There are six pre-set DPI steps, acceleration is higher than many others at 6.45 meter per second of travel, and it also provides an adjustable polling rate with 500Hz and 1000Hz options.
The DM3 Mini is small ad light, which is proven in the second part of the chart. The material used is plastic, all of which has a matte black rubberized coating applied to it. This is an ambidextrous design, perfect for claw, finger-tip, and palm grip users. There are four buttons in total, which are the main pair of buttons, the DPI selector button, and the scroll wheel is counted here as well. The switches under the main buttons are twenty million click Omron switches, while the secondary switches are sourced from Huano.
The scroll wheel and the logo on the heel are illuminated once it is powered, and while it is shown to be RGB capable, you are limited to red, blue, green, and pink as the options. With 118mm of length, 64mm of width, and 37mm of height, all told, the DM3 Mini weighs only 77 grams. The last thing mentioned here is the 1.8-meter cable, which is said to be super flexible and is not covered with braided material, it is left in its natural state.
At this time, we are unable to locate the DM3 Mini in any retail outlets on this side of the pond, but we can buy the mouse from Dream Machines. On-site, you will find the price listed at 179 PLN, which translates to $52.48. If the specifications and wording on site about the DM3 Mini hold up, the price is not all that bad for such a small mouse. However, there is no mention of free shipping through DHL, and from experience, shipping things overseas, it is not typically inexpensive to do.
In reality, the DM3 Mini will likely cost well over $60 to obtain one on this side of the big blue ball, and competition is already quite tough at that point in the market, which leaves Dream Machines with quite the handful of trying to sway us to their side. That being said, we should dive right in and see what the DM3 Mini is all about, and what capabilities it offers, and see if the investment is worth it.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has players surviving off the land
- Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle announced
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam