Things get more interesting when we take the heat sinks off.
The motherboard's VRM is configured in an 8+2 phase configuration for the CPU VCore and iGPU voltage rails. Each phase seems to be doubled by doubling of components as there seems to be one driver per every two phases.
The ASUS Digi+ PWM controller labeled ASP1400 is used as the main PWM controller in a 4+2 phase PWM output mode. It's most likely from Richtek or UPI Semiconductor as the drivers seem to be Richtek drivers. The iGPU phases have two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFET, while the VCore phases have one low-side and one high-side MOSFET each. The MOSFETs are the Vishay SiRA14 and SiRA12 as the high-side and low-side MOSFETs. The memory VRM is a single phase made up of Vishay SiRA14 MOSFETs and a Richtek RT8125 single-phase PWM controller ("6X=").
The VCCSA and VCCIO rails are provided by a single phase VRM similar to the memory VRM (same PWM and MOSFETs) and a Texas Instruments TPS51362 integrated regulator.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]