Things get more interesting when we take the heat sinks off.
The motherboard's VRM is configured in an 8+2 phase configuration for the CPU VCore and iGPU voltage rails. Each phase seems to be doubled by doubling of components as there seems to be one driver per every two phases.
The ASUS Digi+ PWM controller labeled ASP1400 is used as the main PWM controller in a 4+2 phase PWM output mode. It's most likely from Richtek or UPI Semiconductor as the drivers seem to be Richtek drivers. The iGPU phases have two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFET, while the VCore phases have one low-side and one high-side MOSFET each. The MOSFETs are the Vishay SiRA14 and SiRA12 as the high-side and low-side MOSFETs. The memory VRM is a single phase made up of Vishay SiRA14 MOSFETs and a Richtek RT8125 single-phase PWM controller ("6X=").
The VCCSA and VCCIO rails are provided by a single phase VRM similar to the memory VRM (same PWM and MOSFETs) and a Texas Instruments TPS51362 integrated regulator.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit