Packaging and Overview
The box for the Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 uses the same black and red design as ASRock's other Fatal1ty series motherboards. Packaging is of a higher caliber than some of ASRock's other products, and the motherboard is well protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, SLI HB bridge, M.2 screws, WIFI antenna, ASRock case badge, manual, driver DVD, and postcard.
The Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 has five fan headers. The CPU fan header is circled in red, and it supports 1A fans in PWM mode. The other four headers are circled in blue and offer up to 1.5A of current, and the headers circled in blue can auto-sense if a PWM or DC mode fan is plugged in, but you can also manually choose.
The motherboard has a jet black PCB, black shield, and silver heat sinks. The ports are also all blacked out, and the gray silkscreen provides the motherboard with a unique look. Many components were also moved to the rear of the PCB to facilitate the silkscreen.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two Gbit LAN ports, a 10Gbit NBase-T port (red), Clear CMOS button, WIFI antenna, HDMI, DisplayPort, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple; the three reinforced x16 slots operate at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4. There are also two PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots on the motherboard, and they are open-ended so they can take larger cards. The motherboard features three 32Gb/s M.2 slots that are connected to the CPU; all M.2 slots supports up to 32Gb/s PCI-E/NVMe drives or SATA based drives.
While all three M.2 slots support both PCI-E and SATA drives, all the M.2 slots share bandwidth with some of the SATA6Gb/s ports.
You get eight SATA6Gb/s ports, two of them are from ASMedia while the rest are from the Intel PCH. A right-angled USB 3.0 internal header is located right above the SATA ports. We also find a straight angled USB 3.0 internal header below the 24-pin connector and a USB 3.1 type-C internal header.
We find an XMP enable switch at the top right corner of the motherboard. We find the POST code display near the power and reset buttons, right above the front panel headers. A dual BIOS selection jumper is located to the right of an RGB LED header.
We also find three USB 2.0 internal header near the ThunderBolt 3.0 GPIO header. There is also a clear CMOS header near the TPM header. All heat sinks are screwed down to the motherboard and make excellent contact with the MOSFETs. The 10G NIC has its own heat sink.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survival instinct questioned in new Left Alive trailer
- Devil May Cry 5 - HYDE Collaboration trailer released
- The Conan Unconquered experience is truly 'unconquerable'
- Darksiders III - Accolades Trailer released
- NierR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition details soon
- The Best Zero Gravity Chair of 2018 - Your Best Digs
- How Does Garcinia Shaping Pro Work?
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019