Accessories and Documentation
For those with an Intel motherboard, you will need the hardware we have spread out in this image. On the left are knurled nuts to lock the top brackets to the backplate, along with the spacers used under said brackets. The backplate has nylon washers to isolate it from the motherboard, and to the right, we see the LGA20xx standoffs.
AMD installations will need the hardware seen here. Four screws go through the optional top brackets, through one of the sets of spacers dependent on socket type, and screw into the factory backplate on the motherboard.
Also found in the hardware box is the long #2 Phillips screwdriver to help with mounting. There is also a decent sized tube of NT-H1 thermal paste, enough for many application attempts, the NA-RC7 low-noise fan adapter, and a metal case badge sporting the Noctua name and logo.
Noctua ensures there is no confusion when it comes to mounting by delivering three manuals, one for each socket type. Whether using LGA115x, an LGA20xx, or AMD motherboards, pick the appropriate manual, and follow the directions closely. All of the information you need to mount the NH-L12S properly is in here, just take your time and follow each step and you will be golden.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit